The Energy Institute (‘EI’) maintains this site (‘the Site’) primarily in the promotion, for the public benefit, of the science of energy and fuels in all applications and uses. Any views and opinions expressed on the Site, whether expressed through posts or through comments, are the respective author’s own and do not represent those of the Energy Institute.
Access to and use of the Site are subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Your use of the Site signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree to them, please do not use the Site.
- The EI uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the materials and information contained on the Site are current and accurate; the EI offers the materials and information in good faith and believes that the information is correct at the date when you view it. However neither the EI nor its affiliates make any representations or warranties as to the completeness, accuracy or currency of the materials and information. In using the Site you assume the entire risk of relying on the materials and information contained on the Site or on any site linked to of from the Site. The materials and information are supplied to you on the condition that you or any other person receiving them will make their own determination as to their suitability and appropriateness for any proposed purpose prior to their use.
- As a service to user of the Site the EI has provided numerous links to other sites, whether by Hypertext or other links. These sites are not under the editorial control of the EI and the EI takes no responsibility whatsoever for the contents.
- No representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, of merchantable quality, of fitness for a particular purpose or use or of any other nature whatsoever are made with respect to the materials and information contained on the Site or on any site connected to or from it. Where a product or service provided by or through the EI is referred to in the materials or information any such representations or warranties, whether expressed or implied, are specifically excluded. Where the Site provides you with a facility for subscribing to or purchasing any product or service provided by the Institute of its affiliates additional terms and conditions of contract may apply; you should read the appropriate order or registration form carefully.
- Copyright: All materials and information contained on the Site, except where specifically stated otherwise, are the property of the EI and are governed by copyright and other applicable intellectual property laws at the time they are made available on the Site. Copies of documents contained on the Site may only be made available for information purposes and solely for the private use of the Site user. Any use or reproduction of such documents for any other purpose whatsoever is expressly forbidden. No Licence or right, other than the right to view on the Site, is granted to any person in respect of any intellectual property rights.
- The corporate name, logos and devices of the EI mentioned or depicted on the Site are the property of the Energy Institute and may not be used without the prior written agreement of the EI.
- Privacy Statement: The EI recognises and respects the privacy of users of the Site. The EI does not collect personal information about users of the Site unless it is provided voluntarily. If you contact the EI by e-mail, your personal information including your e-mail address will not be shared with or provided to third parties.
If you purchase or obtain products or services from the EI or its affiliates online you will be asked to provide personal information to the EI or its affiliates. Such information will be used solely for the purpose of processing the transaction.
The EI may collect and maintain statistics about the Web Servers used to contact it. This enables the EI to track usage of the Site and of particular sectors within the Site and thereby to improve the content of the Site. These statistics do not include personal information about the individual users.
- Jurisdiction: Your use of the Site and all matters relating to the interpretation and operation of these terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of the Site.